This opportunity is no longer available. We thank you for your interest in Quotient, Inc. and encourage you to review our other opportunities
The position is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and management of high-throughput automatic data processing infrastructure for large databases in a mature system. Tasks also involve continuing the developing and improving the infrastructure supporting this system. The incumbent will interface with multiple data providers to design, build, and maintain their customized databases, within a mature integrating system. The incumbent with clarify requirements, feature requests, and bug reports for software developers and assist in testing code.
- Formal Education (minimum: Bachelor’s in life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, or computer science)
- Strong knowledge of Perl, including the use of standard Perl modules and object-oriented Perl.
- Experience with LINUX/UNIX and scripting in that OS.
- Experience working with automatic data processing pipelines
- Familiarity with high performance computing, ideally Sun Grid Engine (SGE)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The candidate has experience moving large amounts of quantitative data reliably and efficiently
- Experience with SQL
- Broad knowledge of biology, especially genetics, cell biology, and biochemistry, and associated databases, such as dbSNP and GenBank
- Experience with XML/XSLT
- Experience with C++ (or C)
Quotient is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Quotient, as an employer committed to a diverse workplace, maintains a current Affirmative Action Plan which is available for review anytime between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at our corporate office or by contacting us.