Quotient is seeking a Database Administrator to work in a fast paced web development and production environment. Work involves supporting Application teams as well as production support functions.
1. Database design and creation of schemas as needed for the web applications.
2. Maintain and monitor and optimize databases and performance
3. Establish database backup and recovery procedures
4. Create database replication and clustering for better web performance.
5. Create and manage user accounts for different databases.
6. Coordinate work with System administrators and network engineering groups
7. Import and export data including data cleanup as needed from time to time.
8. Responsible for the all the database related tasks on a daily basis.
1. MUST have 3-5 years experience minimum in administration of MySql and Oracle 9i/11g databases
2. 3-4 years of experience on Solaris and Linux environments
3. MUST have significant experience with and direct responsibility for large production environment multi-tier, high availability, and transactional heavy applications.
4. Deep understanding of complex database concepts, and ability to develop solutions to maximize performance, scalability, maintainability.
5. Good experience with current software protocols and internet standards.
6. 4 yrs experience with SQL data loader.
7. Must be motivated learn newer technologies.
8. Good experience in Database backup and recovery.
9. Experience in configuring dataguards and database clusters.
10. Experience in managing drupal databases.
Quotient is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Quotient, as an employer committed to a diverse workplace, maintains a current Affirmative Action Plan which is available for review anytime between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at our corporate office or by contacting us.
If you would like to submit your résumé and position objectives for an opportunity with Quotient, please view our current openings and click the "apply now" button.